BEML recognizes outsourcing as one of the strategic tools to achieve cost benefits and also complement the strengths of private sector to build a strong industrial base. BEML is well on its journey to become a system integrator by outsourcing a substantial part of manufacturing activities from Indian vendors, enabling BEML to enhance the capacity, attain cost effectiveness and improve competitiveness in the global market. As a policy BEML is not making any capital investments where facilities are available in the Indian industry.
To facilitate outsourcing, the company has well established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- BEML has a Vendor Development Cell to work as a single window help desk for new vendors.
- New vendors can register through Online / Manual.
- New vendors are supported by way of imparting knowledge on manufacturing processes, specifications, quality plans, etc.
- BEML also extends its testing facilities to its vendors wherever required.
- To attract new vendors, BEML resorts to publishing of Expression of Interest periodically, participation in all vendor development programs organized by MSMEs, CII, FICCI and other agencies.
- To enhance transparency in all its procurement processes, BEML has well established eProcurement Portal.
'Make in India' Display Centre
BEML has set up 'Make in India' Display Centre at our facility in Bangalore Complex, New Thippasandra, Bangalore – 560075, where prospective vendors can have access to samples, drawings and technical specifications. Interested vendors can visit the facility to explore opportunities to partner with BEML.