The Defence R&D focuses on the mobile land systems and aggregates specific to the requirements of the Indian Defence forces. The domains include Armouring, Tracked running gear system, Military Cranes, NBC, IFDSS, IFMS, Recovery Winches, Power packs (with higher power to weight ratio), Auxiliary power units and military communication systems etc. In addition to these, it has the expertise of generic mobile systems such as power line aggregates, Hydro Pneumatic suspensions, Hydraulic systems, vehicle electronics etc.
The Development programs that are handled by this group are broadly categorized under wheeled & tracked segments, like Armoured recovery vehicles, Armoured Combat Vehicles, Mine protected vehicles, Armoured personnel carriers, Missile launchers, command post vehicles, bridges, land systems on wheeled platforms.
The execution of these programs is supported by subject matter expertise with In-depth knowledge and expertise on a broad spectrum of engineering design applications.
Design & Analysis
CATIA V 5, Pro-E Wildfire, Creo, UG NX, Auto CAD & Solid Works
Hyper works, Abaqus, ANSYS, MSC NASTRAN, LS-DYNA, FE-Fatigue, AMESim Virtual module (Electro-Thermo-Hyd. & Pneumatic Simulation software), MSC Adams (Tracked Vehicle module), STAR-CD (CFD Analysis).
True 64-bit High end compute server clusters, High end workstations, Dedicated Network Connectivity, Large format printing systems and scanners.
- Product and simulation Data Management
- Legacy data Migration
- Illustrated / Interactive Manuals (Parts catalogue, Shop / service manuals, Operational and Maintenance manuals)
- Animated assembly & dis-assembly procedures
- Computer Based Training
- NATO codification
- Technical documentation as per JSS0251
- Performance tests of Wheeled, Tracked Vehicles on BEML test tracks
- Powerpack testing on dynamometers
- Hydraulic system simulation and performance
- Fault diagnoses
- Performance of cooling system
- Exclusive dedicated team for Internal trials, User trails & MET Trails
Developed R & D Products
R&D has successful track record of developing products like All Wheel Steered Heavy Duty Trucks in 8×8 and 10×10 configurations.
R&D has been successfully developing new products under various configurations.
Granted due to R&D efforts
- Winch System for Launching and Retrieving an Object
- Automatic slack adjuster for heavy duty vehicle axle
- An automated lifting mechanism for a hydraulic Jack