Further to the manufacturing facilities in Bangalore Complex, a new manufacturing unit has been established at Palakkad, Kerala as an extension to Bangalore Complex and commenced operations in May-2010.
The unit currently has a capacity to manufacture 300 Rail Coaches annually and will be ramped upto 600 Coaches per year. The unit has been accredited ISO 9001:2008.
The unit is well established with facilities required for the manufacture of Bogies & other Components for rail Coaches. Presently the semi finished coaches are being manufactured and then transported to Bangalore complex/ Rail coach unit II, KGF for further processing and roll out.
- Industrial Hangars- of size 157 m X 80 m – 2 Nos
- 20 T EOT Cranes- 4 Nos per Hangar
- Rail Tracks (Broad Gauge & Standard Gauge)- 6 Lines in each Hangar
- Sheet metal Shop- 80 m X 60 m with 10 T EOT Crane- 2 Nos
- Shearing Machines- 13 mm thickness- 4 m Bed- 1 No
- Shearing Machines- 5 mm thickness- 4 m Bed- 1 No
- CNC Plasma Cutting machine- 40 mm thickness- 1 No
- CNC Flame Cutting Machine- 16 mm thickness- 1 No
- CNC Press Brake- 400 T – 4 m Bed- 1 No
- Radial Drilling machine- 1 No
- Nibbling Machine- 1 No
- Plate Straightening Machine- 1 No
- Edge Beveling Machine- 1 No
- Jigs & Fixtures for Assembly of AC EMU & Main Line Coaches
- Jigs & Fixtures for Under frame, Sidewalls, End walls and Roof for conventional Coaches
- Raw Material Stores- 30 m X 50 m (15 m High)
- Traverser – 2 Nos ( 1- Manual & 1- Powered)
- Shot blasting Shed
- Paint Shop
- Rail Connectivity to Main Line under Establishment through RITES
- Technically trained experienced welders and nondestructive testing operators